Setting up your space for Breathwork:
Breathwork is done laying down flat on your back, legs extended and not crossed at the ankles (or anywhere else!)
- You can lie on a yoga mat, on carpet, on a massage table, or on a bed
- Regardless of where you are laying down, try not to prop your head up with any pillow or cushion to keep your throat as open as possible
- If you absolutely must have some additional head or neck support, try folding up a shirt and placing it underneath your head. See if you can get away with minimal thickness rather than having a lot of padding underneath your head.
- It’s okay to bend your knees and to place the soles of your feet on the ground or bed if you need extra grounding at any point in the practice
- If possible, position your camera so I can see your body while you breathe. Ensure you can still hear me through your speakers or by using headphones
- Arms and hands can either be placed on your belly & heart or beside your body. Palms facing down will help to ground you, whereas palms facing up will open you up to receive more from Spirit/Source/The Divine/Your Highest Self
- Feel free to light candles, hold crystals or stones in your hands, diffuse essential oils, burn incense, etc. You can also cover your eyes with an eye pillow if you prefer
- You will not need to play any music for yourself during Breathwork, as the sessions will all have accompanying soundtracks
- It might be helpful to have a blanket nearby in case you get cold during or immediately following the practice
If you have any questions prior to your appointment, please feel free to email me at: email@example.com, and I’ll be happy to answer them!