What prevents us from being intuitive?
I have been doing a lot of thinking lately, but when I say ‘thinking’, I really mean it in both the intellectual/active way as well as the intuitive/receptive way. (God knows I spent forever and a day thinking exclusively in my brain. I’m grateful now to embody a more holistic thought process!)
Both my heart and my head have been consumed with wondering lately:
Why are we not– every single one of us– capital-I ‘Intuitive’?
Are we stuck in our heads? (Why?) Are we afraid of what our intuition will reveal, or are we leery to trust the intuitive nudges we receive?
When did we fall out of intuition? If we are all born naturally and integrally connected to our inner guidance system (which I believe we are), then why did we peel ourselves away from this connection (subconsciously or deliberately)? Who or what precipitated our original breaking apart from intuition?
And what continues to stand in our way?
I am being called to explore these questions deeply– in a format that a mere blog post cannot possibly do justice to. My own intuition is guiding and steering me to undertake a more extensive writing project– perhaps an e-book or maybe even a ‘book’-book. 😉
To do this in a meaningful way, however, I need your help.
I’m asking for your input around intuitive matters, and I would love to hear about your experiences.
Would you mind sending me an e-mail and letting me know your thoughts on intuition? I would deeply, deeply appreciate your insights. (You don’t need to compose a lengthy, Pulitzer Prize-caliber essay, by any means. Any and all of your words will be helpful– thank you!)
Here are some prompts to get you started:
- Do you consider yourself intuitive? Why or why not?
- What do you feel is currently hindering you from accessing the full spectrum of your intuitive gifts?
- Have you had ‘intuitive experiences’ in the past? What were these like?
- Are you afraid of your intuition?
- Do you believe you can trust your intuition?
- Is it safe to be intuitive?
- Is there someone in your life (or many ‘someones’) that prevent(s) you from expressing or acknowledging your intuition?
- How do you define intuition?
Please choose one or a handful of these questions to respond to. Thank you again so much for taking some time to share your thoughts with me. I really appreciate it! xo